Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Rainy Day Blooms

Tuesday
February 24, 2015 
9:45 a.m.

In our front yard, we have one lone plum tree. It is an offspring of the ones my Granny Doris had planted many years ago. The ones she used to make fresh plum jelly with every year. I miss those days of playing in the kitchen with her making all those old family recipes. I live in her house and sometimes when I am cooking her famous Crisco Pound Cakes I can feel her smiling at me over my shoulder. 

The past couple of days here in south Georgia have been cloudy with rain every day. It was misting rain this morning as I was leaving for work. As I was backing up to leave, this one branch in the middle of the younger plum tree that was bursting forth in bloom. The other branches still only have the small buds. We are in transition from winter to spring here. Friday of last week, we had temperatures in the teens that morning. By Sunday it was a beautiful day in the high 70's.

This one branch that stood out among the others caught my attention. I had to get a picture. I didn't take the time at home to see the end result of what I had captured. Once at the store while on the phone with a sales rep, I decided to open up my photo gallery and see what was there. Originally, I had snapped the photo so quickly, I did not notice the rain drops on the flowers. They almost look like dew drops. My mind automatically went to this Chapter in the Bible. I have taken this passage from www.biblegateway.com.


Deuteronomy 32:1-5 (Message Translation)
The Song

"Listen, Heavens, I have something to tell you.
Attention, Earth, I've got a mouth full of words.
My teaching, let it fall like a gentle rain, 
     my words arrive like morning dew,
Like a sprinkling rain on new grass,
     like spring showers on the garden.
For it's God's Name I'm preaching -
     respond to the greatness of our God!
The Rock: His works are perfect,
     and the way He works is fair and just;
A God you can depend upon, no exceptions,
     a straight-arrow God."


Sometimes it is the simplest of things God puts in our path to remind us of His word. He speaks in many ways for us if we would just take the time to see and hear what He is saying. I needed to read this Scripture today as a reminder of "His works are perfect... A God you can depend upon, no exceptions." To fully rely on God and know that I can depend on Him and know His word will come to pass. It is never in our timing, always in His timing. You just have to turn it over to Him once and for all when He has told you repeatedly "I got this." 



No comments:

Post a Comment