Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Why Do I.... Well Just Maybe.....


Why do I share my story?
 
Why do I want to be a possible light in someone else’s dark place?
 
Why do I want to be looking at this side of a computer screen hoping the person on the other side reading what I have typed gets that little bit of encouragement they need to help them through a situation?

As I shrug my shoulders…. I have a lot of “maybe” answers….
 
Maybe it is because I have been at that same place of being numb, my brain so clouded, I could not think straight. Not from drugs or alcohol. From the person who broke my spirit and led me to believe I was useless and worthless.

Maybe it is because I have realized my value and I finally got myself pulled back together. I worked on my broken pieces daily to become the person I lost and yet found her again.

Maybe it is because I needed to be inspired in those lowest points of my life. No matter where I turned, how many inspirations quotes I Googled, how many Facebook pages I scrolled through, how many Instagram memes I liked, I could never find the inspiration I needed. No one was able to help me out of my dark corners.

Maybe it is because I need to share my inspiration to someone who might see what I have to share to show them life does get better. I may be the only positive they see.

Maybe it is because I have walked in those shoes personally and I can relate to the pain, the tears, the hurt; the feeling of abandonment, uselessness, worthlessness.

Maybe it is because I needed to be the person God used to show someone else there is hope beyond your current circumstances. Things do get better. It may not be overnight, or instantly, like we want them due to our lack of patience. Even when the load is heavy and you are barely making it, God is there with you carry the weight. When you are at your lowest and feel alone, He is right there waiting with His arms open wide.

Maybe it is because I got my fight back this morning… My purpose back… My fire back… when I opened my eyes. I know it is time to make a difference even if it is in the life of one person. I need to be their reason to pick up the pieces and move forward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment