Monday, October 19, 2020

August 10, 2020

If you know me well enough by now, you know I believe God gives us signs as reminders about different things happening in our lives we need a little encouragement & assurance He is still there watching out for us. Listening to us when we pray. There with us when are sharing our broken heart as we are wiping away the tears. When the plans we want to work out aren't what His plans are and it crushes us.

Over the weekend I had some of those big plans get yanked right out from under me. I had let that big wall down that has been up for so long unknowingly. What I had thought was coming to fruition over the last few months came to an abrupt ending. The possibility of a dream coming to pass ended. The last 24 hours has been a reminder of why I keep the wall up and take everyone at face value only. Especially relationships and dating.

I have prayed and had a lot of conversations with God about this situation so many times. God, why this. God, why that. God, what is wrong with me. The whole time it is nothing to do with me and everything to do with the other person. The fact that he isn't who God has for me. There was a post I happened to see and it home on so many levels for me. It was exactly where I was in life with this relationship.

I haven't bought groceries except for frozen dinners and bread since Mom had her heart attack and open heart surgery. I got home today and then went to Dollar General in Broxton. I had put it off most of the afternoon. When I got in the truck I was having those conversations with God again. Remembering the post I had seen. Asking God "if not now, then when? If not him, then who?" As I got a couple of miles from the house, on a road I don't normally drive down, I saw the this amazing rainbow trying to form. Definitely God's way of telling and showing me "didn't I make a promise to you?! I haven't forgotten. It is all in My timing."

As soon as I saw the rainbow today, I immediately remembered a post from September 2018. I was going thru another situation exactly like this one. Matter of fact, it was the same guy. I remember where I was when I got the text. Everything about the text. And how my heart was broken then. As I left the place I was delivering balloons to, I looked up and this was looking directly at me. Another rainbow. So I had to go back and screenshot it to add to this post for today.

We all face a brokenheart, dreams ending, and disappointments. Those are sometimes God's way of not allowing us to settle for something He knows is not meant for us. Even though we think it is the best thing for us. When He has something better. Not saying it can't be the person you ended a relationship with. Sometimes it is just the wrong timing and God needs to heal broken places in their life. And let's face it, in our own life too. If it is not the right timing then it would be a disaster waiting to happen five years down the road. Sometimes it is not the person you are meant to be with and God just won't allow it to happen because He wants His best for you.

There are dreams that don't come to fruition. This could be work, school, or another area of life. This happens because you can't see the bigger picture. The stress and pressure that will leave you exhausted and no time or energy for anything else important in your life.

God has something so much better planned for you! God won't forget those promises He made to you. All in His timing ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment