Thursday, November 17, 2011

Psalm 139:9-10


"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139:8-10

This is such an amazing TESTIMONY for me to tell… 

I just really don’t know how to begin… I can say it in one word… THANKFUL!!!

Since this is the slow season in my business, I close all day on Wednesday so that I can get things done around the house. Yesterday was my second day off since August and I, for some reason; wake up at the crack of dawn when I am NOT working… Then on the days I work, I am always fighting myself to get out of bed…

I was up early and had a list of things I wanted to go to town and take care of so I could accomplish some major cleaning and upgrading at home.  I went to town and got it all accomplished. I pulled up in the yard and parked. I did a few things around the house. Then I was ready to roll again.

A couple of hours later, I decided I wanted to go and get something for lunch. I also wanted to run by my shop for a few minutes because there was something I needed to get ordered. As I was pulling up to circle in the dirt drive way under my 60 year old pecan tree, I hit a small hole at just right angle. My little doggie had dug several of these little holes that are about the size of a small basketball cut in half during the summer. I had fussed about these little vehicle jerkers and was thinking about getting them filled in in the next few weeks.

I live in God’s country in the back woods in my county. We are surrounded by farmers with big equipment they use to tend to the various crops they grow. To say our roads (which are a mixture of Georgia red clay and sand) are as bad as a wash board that is an understatement. As you travel over them, either fast or slow, you feel like your brains are being beat loose out of your head. So, I guess that is my excuse for being a little “crazy”…

Over the period of an undetermined amount of time, these bumps and ruts had worked the nut loose on the tie rod end bolt. For those who don’t know what the tie rod end does, it holds your tire in place. It is one of the most important parts under the hood to me (now)…

As I hit that bump in the yard, thank God I did, it made the tire go higher and the bolt came out of the hole and there was my tire loose as a child’s tooth. THANK GOD this happened in my yard. I was upset at first because I thought the whole thing was broken and not just a nut off. Yes, that $1.62 nut could have either cost me my life or it could have landed a long stay in the hospital. Had I been travelling down the highway at my usual 65 mhp and it come apart, the good tire would have kept pulling straight while broken tire would have been flopping and not turning in the same direction. Being that I drive a van, it would have most likely had me rolling in a ditch some where. And I do know what else could have happened. I have flipped a vehicle before so I know what could have been.

But as I sat back and realized how I was spared, I had a true spirit of THANKFULNESS on me the rest of the day.. And even woke up with a “Good Morning, Thank You Lord” prayer..

Back in July, I was going thru some old papers and had come across an old calendar that has Scriptures on the pages. I was about to throw it away, when I decided to go thru it one more time. I turned to the page that has Psalm 139:9-10 on the right corner that reads “If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast (NIV).” AND HE PROVED THIS TO ME YESTERDAY!!!!!

Just so thankful this morning and had to share this testimony… With the Thanksgiving season upon us, I have soooooooo much to be thankful for. I will be able to share this season with family at home. Not either in the hospital or even much worse. 

2 comments: